SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
I was looking around and the earliest member I could see at a glance was Jedi Master at #153. Just curious!


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,304
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,304
Crimson I think was #1. Or at least in the single digits.


"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--Mark Twain

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

XBL: fmdckr81
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
The earliest member in the directory is rlitchfield at number 3. - http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/3/rlitchfield.html
I believe Troll at number 7 is the oldest still active member. - http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/7/Troll.html

In the directory if you click on this symbol # it will reorder the list.

This one --------> # | Last Online | Display Name | Status


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
I came late to the party. I didn't register until April 2001.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,372
Wheels, that was after the most recent reset... The original founders, including me, are not listed by correct date or order. I was the 4th or 5th member/founder of SimHQ. Crimson, Outlaw, Robert Murphy, a few others, and myself, were there from the very beginning. Actually, before the beginning... Back when it was a piece of a now-defunct sim manufacturer's forum. When they were shutting down the forum, Crimson put one up... Man I can't even remember the name... Crimson's Flight Sim Corner or something like that.
A few us had a few conversations, and a few weeks later, SimHQ was born. Or something like that... It's been so damn long I can't even remember anymore. Anyway, there have been at least two resets of the board's directory, and some of the originals have come and gone... But I can assure you... I am NOT member #1817. smile

-Skater


"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Ah, SimHQ history. A favorite topic.

Those of you who haven't read the series of articles on the 10th Anniversary and the Reflections:
http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/commentary.html

I asked Crimson why there was no #1 or #2. IIRC, he said there was and they were people that originally setup the first boards.

Here are screen grabs from the forums since 1999

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/1999.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2000.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2001.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2002.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2003.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2004.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2005.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2006.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/forum_images/2007.jpg


Membership Low Numbers

Look through this list below I grabbed from the first two pages of the directory.
Several are still quite active. Funny, but several have a very low post count. The original lurkers.

SimHQ had a hard drive crash (before I was involved) and a block of posts were lost. Sadly it included the commemorative posts from Sept 11, 2001 and probably the most well know SimHQ thread ever, "hooray for my bidet".

The database has been culled -- but there are well over 100,000 sign-ups over the years. No doubt with ample re-registrations from people who lost their password and before the software could recover it. Yes, the databases have been backed-up should they ever need to be reloaded. smile

rlitchfield (Member #3)

Pygmy - SimHQ (Member #4) (Pete Marone)

Piglet (Member #5)

Zoobster (Member #6)

Troll (Member #7) (Jorgan Toll - still active)

Crimson (Member #8) (all bow down in respect biggrin )

Hostile (Member #9)

Andy Bush (Member #10) (Andy biggrin )

Psycho (Member #11) (still active)

Buckaroo (Member #12)

rpommier (Member #13)

Col. Sabot (Member #14) (still active)

Edmund Robinson (Member #15)

Flexman (Member #16) (hey, who is this guy!?)

Vector (Member #17)

jgalante (Member #18)

Aqualung (Member #19) (still active)

Enforcer (Member #20)

pedrodog (Member #21)

Coug (Member #22)

zAmboni (Member #23) (still active)

Impaler (Member #24)

*Starbuck* (Member #25)

gbarclay (Member #26) (still active)

SuperGroove (Member #27)

Yogi (Member #28)

DanW (Member #29) (still active)

Softball (Member #30) (still active)

Nicholas Shukov (Member #31)

Sgt_Leviathan (Member #32)

MotherSuperior (Member #33) (still active)

Sic PreFix (Member #34)

Ivedog (Member #35)

ratskrad (Member #36) (still active)

Spiff (Member #37)

Chameleon 257th Talons (Member #38)

HAWKEYE (Member #39)

Wrench (Member #40) (still active)

nick (Member #41)

crpowell (Member #46)

steven (Member #47)

Rattler (Member #49)

Chip (Member #50)

Archangel (Member #51) (still active)

HiFi (Member #52)

Rush (Member #53) (still active)

MIGMaster (Member #55)

Al (Member #56)

Torch (Member #57) (still active)

Allen (Member #58) (still active)


One database screw-up that we never pulled back out for it's uniqueness.
See my sig. Viceroy posted here... back in 1969! WinkNGrin


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
Excellent stuff guod!! I came over in 2000 with the wave of Combatsim refugees after they announced they were gonna start charging at the site. I actually dig around in their archive forum's when I feel nostalgic and read some of my posts from 98-99. The funniest thing is reading the specs of our rigs at the time...laughable, but good times for sure! My re-registration was in 2005 according to my bio here. I am the type of member that never posted that much, but SimHQ has always my first stop when I fire up the rig and has been for about a decade. I can just read for hours sometimes.

I really enjoyed the history you layed out guod, thanks for taking the time! I especially liked the old screenshots...I am a very nastalgic and those brought back memories.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,580
S
Senior Member
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,580
I use to be #35, but since the forum upgrade, I moved up 5 spots to #30. biggrin I've been a SimHQ member since 1999 and I absolutely love this community. Although I don't post as much as some people ( looks at PanzerMeyer, lol), I am an avid reader of SimHQ and a long time PC gamer. I've met a few SimHQers at E3 (Thank You Rjetster! I'll never forget your generosity) although they may not remember me, including "Wags" when Lockon was being developed; I believe that was 2001?

Keep up the good work SimHQ!



--SOFTBALL
--RLGaming Portal



"The tragedy of war is that it uses man's best to do man's worst." - Harry Emerson Fosdick 1933
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 112
S
Where the Phantoms are..
Member
Where the Phantoms are..
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 112
Dont you just hate it when you are just browsing forums without registering for who knows many years smile


Mobo: Asus Z97 A - Cpu: I5 4670K
Gpu: R9-290 Tri-x - Psu: Corsair RM750
Ram: Corsair 4x4gb ddr3 @1600mhz
Case: Corsair 750D - Ssd: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,229
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,229
I've been around for a bit, but I'm a youngster compared to guys o nthat list! ;D
Flyby out


The warrior creed: Crap happens to the other guy!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 398
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 398
I believe the original name was "Crimson's Sim World" but my memory is fuzzy, too. It took a while for me to join the forums, as I had a reputation on the old IMagic boards and I didn't want to upset the apple cart here smile

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Heck, I count myself an old hand, or at least a less infantile one biggrin And I've only been here since 2001.

Here's to the future of this great site, it's my first stop of the day when turning the computer on, and has been since 2001! cheers

It's funny reading my own posts from back then. Man, have I grown up biggrin


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,256
R
The Antipodean
Senior Member
The Antipodean
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,256
lol I love this site. It's people are what make it greater than the sum of it's parts.

Those that have come and gone and come back again...good times.


Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.

For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.
- Alice Kahn

The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Rogered
lol I love this site. It's people are what make it greater than the sum of it's parts.



+1

Not just the people but the fact that SimHQ has people from so many different countries is one thing I find fascinating and it really adds an extra dimenstion to this site.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
A
Hotshot
Hotshot
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
I've been around since 2000, but only registered in '01! Great place to be, and the 2nd place I visit when I'm on-line in the simming web world. biggrin


"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i7 14700k
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite X
64GB Corsair DDR5 6400 Dominator Titanium
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Well, to be fair unless it's a site in a non-English language, most English-language forums have international membership. Subsim, NoGrip, armaholic, and so on.

I definitely remember the 99/2000 layout, as well as my surprise when the layout was changed in 2001.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 225
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 225
I remember those days. Well something of them I think.


[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/malkuth1974"]Malkuths Lets Play Youtube Page[/url]
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,231
H
Retired Flight Simmer
Member
Retired Flight Simmer
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,231
I've been around the main SimHQ site off and on for several years, but can't remember quite how far back. As for the forums, I never paid attention to them until late last year when I finally decided to register.

I've never been part of any website for longer than 3.5 years. Sites come and go, and interests change. Respect to the people who have been around since the early days of SimHQ.


I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,082
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,082
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Rogered
lol I love this site. It's people are what make it greater than the sum of it's parts.



+1

Not just the people but the fact that SimHQ has people from so many different countries is one thing I find fascinating and it really adds an extra dimenstion to this site.


+2

The care and support between fellow members is just amazing. I am honored to be a part of this community.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Shoot, I forgot what # my Original "Digital-Overload" account was, it was prolly in the 100s.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,674 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1