SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3245385 03/25/11 04:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Richardg is tired and he thinks he might skip the new patch.

He also seems to have misplaced a very complex and comprehensive campaign, if anyone spots it, please let him know.

Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
lol trying to stirthepot a little there Brigs old boy? wink


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 16
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 16
First off I must admit that I very rarely post on here just read.But after reading the OP's post I felt
I had to say something . I too have supported this game/team from day 1 and have purchased all the aircraft.
But as of late I seem to feel frustrated at the endless releases of aircraft with nowhere to fly them(campaign).
I stopped following this particular board for awhile , but I was under the impression that we would be getting
a campaign this update.

I'm sure they posted somewhere and it's been all over this forum that it was being pushed back(campaign) so there's no need to give a link to it. I just wanted to support the OP's post as I think I feel the same way as he, Feedback from the
masses if you will.

kampf


Last edited by kampf66; 03/25/11 05:26 PM.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Yes we've stated several times about the new Career mode. It will be coming in Version 19. Hopefully by the end of next month, but I can't say that with total absolution. The Career was very difficutl to build and it is in testing now and has been for weeks.

And as we've stated before as well, if we don't have new planes we don't have revenue to build new features. Luckily the new planes don't affect Career work.

That's about all I can say which has been our message throughout this hard slog.

Jason

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
Originally Posted By: kampf66
First off I must admit that I very rarely post on here just read.But after reading the OP's post I felt
I had to say something . I too have supported this game/team from day 1 and have purchased all the aircraft.
But as of late I seem to feel frustrated at the endless releases of aircraft with nowhere to fly them(campaign).
I stopped following this particular board for awhile , but I was under the impression that we would be getting
a campaign this update.

I'm sure they posted somewhere and it's been all over this forum that it was being pushed back(campaign) so there's no need to give a link to it. I just wanted to support the OP's post as I think I feel the same way as he, Feedback from the
masses if you will.

kampf



We need more 2 seaters to have a sensible semi historical career mode, yes its taken a while but I think most are happy for 777 to work on it for now.

All I see are 777 responding to what people post on here and at the ROF site, adding features like the improved night time lighting and the upcoming Aldis that people have asked for.


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.

Jason

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,549
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.

Jason


Snipe = boing woot


My PC Specs:
Traitorous transistorized toad....Blithering blatherskite....Hopeless heap of tainted tin
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,187
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.


Damn, just ruined a perfectly good pair of trousers. I can't afford to get too excited at my age.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
A
Hotshot
Hotshot
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
New Career! DFW! Brisfit! R.E.8! Halb CL.II! Spad V.II! Snipe! Oh My! eek

It's as if WWI sim candy is falling out of the sky like Skittles. biggrin


"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i7 14700k
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite X
64GB Corsair DDR5 6400 Dominator Titanium
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.

Jason


2 Biffs. Sim-gasm

kneeldown


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 145
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 145
Wow

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 839
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 839
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.

Jason


This is how an initially false breaking news topic became a true breaking news topic smile

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.

Jason


Thats all good stuff. Thanks.

I don't actually agree with the sentiment of the OP. Good things take time. Patience is a virtue.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
Yes, at lest we have some "news" for Brigs's thread smile


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.


jawdrop

Cool stuff there Jason! Now you're really going to whip us up into a frenzy and hear lots of posts stating that you promised these would be out by such and such a date! smile Sorry, couldn't resist. exitstageleft


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 221
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 221
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.

Jason


WooHoo!!

Thanks Jason, really made my day.

These are great, must-have planes, and pretty well fill out the 1917 and 1918 period for gameplay. There are dozens of others, but you have to make choices, and you made the right ones IMO.

But ... what about earlier 2-seaters to go with the Dh2, N11, N17 E3? A Be2 or Farman bomber for the Allies (or even a Voison!), a Roland or an early german 2-seater. I'd guess you'd have no trouble selling these - some of the early 2-seaters are very unusual and interesting, a real pleasure for us WW1 aficionados - and it would add immensely to the game to have an viable early career campaign. It wouldn't take more than 2-3 planes.

This is not gripping, I'm very happy with what you are planning, just suggesting.

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 939
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 939
Great choices!


Beyond gliding distance
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.


Are there any plans to model more ground targets? Being that the Halb. CL.II's main role was ground support, I hope that's the case.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
Originally Posted By: Mogster
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
You'll get two versions of the Brisfit (Falcon II and Falcon III engines) and you'll get the R.E.8 and you'll get the Halb. CL.II and you'll get two versions of the SPAD VII (150hp and 180hp) and you'll probabably get the Snipe before years end.

Jason


2 Biffs. Sim-gasm

kneeldown


Woohoo!! Me too!kneeldown

Does that constitute being multi-....erm.....nevermind. blahblahblah


WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive
CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Originally Posted By: ArgonV
New Career! DFW! Brisfit! R.E.8! Halb CL.II! Spad V.II! Snipe! Oh My! eek

It's as if WWI sim candy is falling out of the sky like Skittles. biggrin


Now that is a classic quote!

(now you know how we felt back in the day with FSWWI)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,564 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1