|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620 |
Viks, I remember a while back asking if a E6600 oc'ed to 3.4 ghz + 8800 GTX and 3 gigs was enough to run this simulation with all the eye-candy on at 30+ fps. I think at that time you said it should be ok. In fact, I think it was you at the Gennedich forum who told me to Oc my E6600 and I've been running Oc'ed since then (thanks for that).
I'm just wondering how the optimization is coming along. Are you guys seeing good framerates with the beta code? Is the requirements posted on Riseofflight.com still accurate or were you able to bring the requirement down a bit since that was posted?
Processor: Core 2 Duo (Intel) 2.8 HGz RAM : 3Gb Hard disk: 6 Gb Videocard: 512 Mb video RAM(GF9800 series or AMD ATI Radeon 4850 series) Access to the Internet: At least 512 Kb/s
Thanks for your response.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 202
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 202 |
Ooohhh, I hope you are correct BuddyWoof, I just overclocked my Q6600 to 3.4G and added another 8800GT 512MB in SLI and OC'd the core to 650 and the memory HZ to 1000. Shaders are already at 1500. Just bought 4Gigs of G.Skill Ram from newegg for $54.00 (Had really good reviews for the gamers  . I really want all that eye candy as well for the emersiveness. Some of you may remember the origenal RedBaron when it was only 4 colors. But it was fun! My mouth is watering for ROF primarily for the MMO. Everything that I have seen so far looks fantastic.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,118 |
It's just a recommended spec based on the machines they are using to test the alpha/beta builds of the game. Viks once said the minimum spec for RoF is "a PC running windows"  Hiccup, Buddy..I'd be suprised if your systems didn't give you positive results. I have a similar system, once it was high end. w/c'd c2d @3.6 with 4 gig of ram and a 8800GTX. I've swapped the 8800 for an Ati 4870, but me and my PC are slipping down into mid range very quickly *sigh It maybe that we have to dial some of the gfx options down a tab, but you'd expect that in a new game. There has to be some future proofing in the engine. Think IL2, my latest PC is only now able to run it at full tilt after all these years. Hopefully RoF will give us that longevity
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499 |
Btw guys, is RoF going to support current multicore CPUs? I have a quad and would like to see RoF taking advantage of it, atleast a little bit more than other sims right now.
Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4x4GHz (oc'ed to 4x4,5 GHz on air) be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler (250W TDP) ASUS Z97-C motherboard ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo Soundcard, PCIe 2 x 4GB GEIL DDR3 Value RAM ANTEC PSU (750W) Toshiba 37" LCD TV (1920x1080x32) Win 7 Home Pro (64bit) 240 GB Corsair SSD (Force Series 3) TrackIR4 Pro HOTAS Cougar + "Uber NxT advanced" gimbal mod SIMPED F-16 Pedals SAITEK Throttle Quadrant A2 leather jacket & leather gloves
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393 |
Viks, I remember a while back asking if a E6600 oc'ed to 3.4 ghz + 8800 GTX and 3 gigs was enough to run this simulation with all the eye-candy on at 30+ fps. I think at that time you said it should be ok. In fact, I think it was you at the Gennedich forum who told me to Oc my E6600 and I've been running Oc'ed since then (thanks for that).
I'm just wondering how the optimization is coming along. Are you guys seeing good framerates with the beta code? Is the requirements posted on Riseofflight.com still accurate or were you able to bring the requirement down a bit since that was posted?
Processor: Core 2 Duo (Intel) 2.8 HGz RAM : 3Gb Hard disk: 6 Gb Videocard: 512 Mb video RAM(GF9800 series or AMD ATI Radeon 4850 series) Access to the Internet: At least 512 Kb/s
Thanks for your response.
Your rig should hold ROF ok (most of our office workstations are close to your specs, and we run it ok till 1920x1200).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393 |
Btw guys, is RoF going to support current multicore CPUs? I have a quad and would like to see RoF taking advantage of it, atleast a little bit more than other sims right now. Yes, we are support multicore CPU`s.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
Babelfish Immune Veteran
|
|
Babelfish Immune Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618 |
Does RoF use the cores effectively and for strictly simulation purposes, one core dedicated to running physics for example
Il-2 supports more than one core. But that support word can mean that one core runs the whole sim while the other core 'only' handles background Windows applications
Will the two cores of a Core Duo CPU be actively working on simulation tasks rather than one core doing operating system housekeeping and not actively making the sim run at higher framerate
Has the PhysX API any chance of being used under RoF and future son-of-RoF simulations btw?
Ming
'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367 |
Does RoF use the cores effectively and for strictly simulation purposes, one core dedicated to running physics for example
Il-2 supports more than one core. But that support word can mean that one core runs the whole sim while the other core 'only' handles background Windows applications
Will the two cores of a Core Duo CPU be actively working on simulation tasks rather than one core doing operating system housekeeping and not actively making the sim run at higher framerate
Has the PhysX API any chance of being used under RoF and future son-of-RoF simulations btw?
Ming Funny how eminently clearly you can express yourself when you actually want to be understood 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367 |
Yes, we are support multicore CPU`s.
Ming, from what I understand here, Viks is saying that the little mouse arrow flittering about the screen will be supported by at least one, if not both cores. You can rest assured that mouse functionality will remain unimpaired, even with a high graphics load. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393 |
Will the two cores of a Core Duo CPU be actively working on simulation tasks rather than one core doing operating system housekeeping and not actively making the sim run at higher framerate
ROF have separated threads architecture, so two/four cores will work. Actually we have exact numbers of trials of core duo vs core quad, and core quad works 30-40% faster than core duo with ROF Has the PhysX API any chance of being used under RoF and future son-of-RoF simulations btw? Ming
Negative for release (we just havnt time to do it right now).
Last edited by =FB=VikS; 02/24/09 02:55 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499 |
Good to hear Viks!  I am glad i invested for the Quadcore. 30-40% is quite alot for a simulation. Right now i am trying to overclock my videocard to the absolute maximum. I am on 720/1020 Mhz. Although my card is mediocre at best, i hope it wont be stressed too much by RoF and that the sim but's more load to the CPU rather than the GPU, especially with multicore support, where visual stuff could be put into CPU #3 or #4.
Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4x4GHz (oc'ed to 4x4,5 GHz on air) be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler (250W TDP) ASUS Z97-C motherboard ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo Soundcard, PCIe 2 x 4GB GEIL DDR3 Value RAM ANTEC PSU (750W) Toshiba 37" LCD TV (1920x1080x32) Win 7 Home Pro (64bit) 240 GB Corsair SSD (Force Series 3) TrackIR4 Pro HOTAS Cougar + "Uber NxT advanced" gimbal mod SIMPED F-16 Pedals SAITEK Throttle Quadrant A2 leather jacket & leather gloves
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 273
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 273 |
Awesome! I knew this quad core would come in handy 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
Babelfish Immune Veteran
|
|
Babelfish Immune Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618 |
Thanks VikS and I promise not to mention FMB triggers again almost  100% realistic physical model, 100% realistic graphics, 100% realistic damage model and aerodynamics! I'm going rabid in a minute stand back  I believe it too, gets better the more I hear about it. Shooting for the stars I'm in Very nice I like that, shades of Milton and Blake Same here frank or franks, quad core next time. Not sure my EVGA 680i SLI motherboard can handle quad core though, Core 2 Duo E6700 at 3.33GHz at the moment. Someone will know  Ming
'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380 |
100% realistic physical model, 100% realistic graphics, 100% realistic damage model and aerodynamics! That's 300% realism! That's not rabid Ming, you just turned into The Blog! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 393 |
Thanks VikS and I promise not to mention FMB triggers again almost  FMB triggers? We have some, actually ROF FMB had wide range of triggers sistem, so you can make almost a dinamic style mission. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618
Babelfish Immune Veteran
|
|
Babelfish Immune Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,618 |
ROF FMB had wide range of triggersThat sounds interesting VikS, can you tell us more and maybe give us an example please? Could an AI flight detect incoming enemy planes and scramble to take off to intercept them? I am hoping that your triggers are my triggers, to avoid ambiguity and perhaps disappointment 101% real will do me FR  Ming
'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,024 |
Thanks VikS and I promise not to mention FMB triggers again almost  FMB triggers? We have some, actually ROF FMB had wide range of triggers sistem, so you can make almost a dinamic style mission. Hi Viks I quess you missed the Topic posted by Ming a couple of days ago. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2677296/Any_news_on_triggers_Reviewing.html#Post2677296~Salute~ Chivas
Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4 Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard 16 gigs DDR3 2133 EVGA GTX980Ti Oculus Rift LG 37" LCD BLack Mamba III Joystick Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers Saitek Pro Rudder pedals Voice Activation Controls
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620 |
Your rig should hold ROF ok (most of our office workstations are close to your specs, and we run it ok till 1920x1200).
That's great great news Viks. thanks a lot!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620 |
Viks, one more question on the multicore.....
In DCS:BS, currently windows vista owners are enjoying higher framerates with the same multicore setup as windows XP owners. Have you noticed any performance differences between XP and Vista? Will vista perform better than XP with same multicore hardware as we see in DCS:BS?
Thank you.
Last edited by BuddyWoof; 02/25/09 03:05 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|